This policy (“Policy“) describes the way Anyplace, Inc. (“Anyplace”, “we”, “our” or “us”) handles personally identifiable information and data. This Policy applies to the Service. When you use the Service, you agree to the terms of this Policy.
We reserve the right to change the provisions of this Policy at any time. We will alert you that changes have been made by indicating on this Policy the date it was last updated. We encourage you to review this Policy from time-to-time to make sure that you understand how any personally identifiable information you provide to us or collected about you will be used.
What Information Is Collected?
Here's what we collect from you when you use the Service:
- User-Provided Information: When you use the Service, and specifically when you do things like enter a search query, register for the Service, or create an Anyplace Account, you may be required to provide certain forms of information. For example, when you create an Anyplace Account, we ask you to provide an e-mail address and to select a password. You may also need to enter information that would be considered "personally identifiable" (that is, information that would allow us to directly identify you, such as your name, email address, telephone number, postal address, date of birth, credit card number, expiration date, authentication code, or similar information).
Third-Party Login Functionality: We allow users with accounts on third-party services, such as Facebook and Google, to log into the Service using functionality that those third parties provide (such as Facebook Connect and Google's OpenID-based authentication mechanism). By using this Facebook or Google functionality to log into the Service, you permit us to access and use specific identifying information related to your Facebook or Google account. While these services make a variety of information available, Anyplace will associate only your e-mail address or other unique user account identifier with your Anyplace Account.
ake advantage of this integration feature in the desktop version of the Service, we will ask you for your login credentials for the other service. If you access the Service using our mobile apps, you do not need to provide your login credentials, as your mobile device allows this integration automatically. By providing those credentials or installing the mobile apps, you are agreeing that we can access and store the information that the other service's functionality contains, including personally identifiable information. Further, if you have obtained authorized access through the other service to another person's information, you understand and agree that by providing us your login credentials or installing the mobile, you are allowing and are authorized to allow Anyplace to access and store that other person's information, including personally identifiable information.
- "Automatically Collected" Information: Like many websites and mobile apps, when you use the Service we may automatically record certain information about your visit from your web browser or our mobile app such as your IP address, the pages of the service you view, or details regarding the searches you run on the Service, such as what you are searching for, the date and time when you initiated a search, and the location from which you initiated the search. We collect and may use this information to understand and analyze the aggregate or "big picture" usage trends and preferences of our users.
- Cookies" Information: One form of "automatically collected" information we record is information stored by "cookies." When you use the Service, we may send one or more cookies to your computer or your mobile device. We use both "session" and "persistent" cookies to collect, store, and sometimes track various types of information. A session cookie is one that disappears after you close your browser or our mobile app. While a persistent cookie remains after you close your browser or the mobile app (and may be used by your browser or the mobile app when you later return to the Service), persistent cookies generally can be removed. You can review the appropriate "Help" file in your Web browser or your mobile device to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings.
- Device-Provided Information: If you install our mobile apps to access the Service, your mobile device makes certain information from the device and other apps installed on the device, which may include personally identifiable information, available to our mobile apps automatically. We may collect, use, share, and disclose this information as described in this Policy.
- Payment Information: Only for the Host: Anyplace requires the Host to make a payment in connection with the Reward to be provided by the Host to the Guest. When the Host creates his/her/its Anyplace Account, or needs to make a payment in connection with the Reward when the Host acknowledges or is deemed to acknowledge the Payment Proof, we collect billing details from the Host including name on card, card number, and billing address, and we pass that information to our third-party payment processor, Stripe, which handles payments for us. We don't store that information - Stripe. You can find out more about Stripe at https://stripe.com.
How Anyplace uses this information:
nstabed uses the information you provide or that we collect to keep this great thing going—that is, to develop, operate, maintain, enhance, and provide the Service, to develop new products and services, and to customize and target content that may be more interesting, relevant or useful to you, including advertisements, and for other administrative purposes. Here are some examples of how we may use the information you provide or that we collect:
- We may use your e-mail to give you updates on the Service's features and progress (such as new Accommodation-search features or functions that we may add), and to provide you with promotional materials and offers (such as discounts on the Accommodations that may become available). Generally, you have the ability to opt-out of receiving e-mails about Service updates and promotional materials and offers, either through links provided in the e-mail messages we send to you or by updating your account preferences through the Service.
- We may communicate with you via e-mail or another form of electronic notification regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Service.
- If you are logged into your Anyplace Account and using the Service, we may associate information regarding your usage of the Service with your Anyplace Account and with other information that we have collected about you, such as your search history. If you have not yet established an Anyplace Account (or you have not signed into the Service using a third-party login mechanism, described above), we record the searches you perform to a cookie. If that you later establish an account with us, or sign into the Service with that cookie still present on your computer, we may associate the searches recorded on that cookie with your new account.
How Is the Information Shared or Disclosed?
We may provide personally identifiable information to third parties for their use in helping us perform our internal business functions. These are things like processing payments for us, or performing maintenance, security, data analysis, e-mail transmission, or data hosting on our behalf. If the Guest submits the Payment Proof to us, we will send such Payment Proof to the Host who provided the Accommodation regarding the Payment Proof to the Guest. The Payment Proof will include personally identifiable information (such as name, email and phone number, and billing address) and truncated payment card details. We will do our best to require these third parties to maintain your information securely, to not use it for purposes other than providing services to us, and to refrain from disclosing the information except when required by law.
Anyplace may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to: (1) satisfy legal obligations or comply with legal process (such as a subpoena) served on Anyplace; (2) protect Anyplace and others from fraudulent, abusive, predatory, or unlawful uses or activity; (3) investigate and defend Anyplace against any legal claims or threats; (4) protect and defend the rights or property of Anyplace; (5) take action on user complaints, or (6) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Anyplace, the Service, or the public.
If there is a change in ownership of Anyplace, including through a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to another entity, we may sell or otherwise transfer all information you provide to us, including personally identifiable information, to that entity.
Anyplace may disclose aggregated, anonymized, or other types of non-personally identifiable information, including "automatically collected" and "cookies" information that is non-personally identifiable, to third parties for various purposes. For example, Anyplace may disclose non-personally identifiable information to the Hosts or other interested third parties to assist them in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns and activity on the Service, to assist them in serving your needs of Accommodations, to select the advertisements shown to you on the Service or on other websites and services, or to enhance your ability to conduct efficient and accurate searches.
You may, of course, decline to share certain information with Anyplace, in which case Anyplace may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the Service. For instance, you may delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service (see "Cookies" Information above for details). And through your account preferences page on the Service, you may update, correct, or delete certain categories of your profile information, and you may change your preferences. Please note that while your changes to your profile information are reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all information you previously submitted. If you want your information permanently anonymized, please submit a request to email@example.com. We may retain any anonymized information for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the right to receive (1) information identifying any third party company or companies to which Anyplace may have disclosed, within the past year, personally identifiable information pertaining to you for that third party's direct marketing purposes, and (2) a description of the categories of personally identifiable information disclosed. To obtain such information, please mail your request to: Anyplace, 1254 Mission St, #201, San Francisco, CA, 94103.
Links to Third-Party Services
Our Service includes links to third-party services, such as the links we provide to websites where you may book travel. When you follow the links to third-party services, you should understand that this Policy no longer applies, and that the third-party's privacy practices may not be the same as ours.
The Security of Your Information
Anyplace employs various physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to help protect the integrity and security of our systems and to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personally identifiable information that we control. While we take reasonable measures to protect your information, we do not, however, guarantee the security of your information. If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically, either by e-mail on via our website, so that you can take appropriate protective steps. These methods of communicating with you are only examples. We retain the right to decide which method we will use to notify you of a security breach, and will do so consistent with our legal obligations.
How Will You Know Whether This Policy Has Changed?
We may occasionally update this Policy. When we do, we will also revise the "last updated" date at the bottom of this Policy. If we substantially revise the policy (and we will use our discretion to determine if the revision is substantial) we may send e-mails to our registered users containing a link to the updated policy. We encourage you to review this Policy from time to time to stay informed about how we are protecting the personally identifiable information we collect. If you continue to use the Service after we post an update to this Policy, this will indicate your acceptance of the update.
Updated: March 7, 2017