Anyplace Select: Neighborhood Guide to West Hollywood
by Joe Frabotta
Thanks for joining us! Right in the heart of West Hollywood, our Anyplace Select units are home to beautiful views of the Hollywood Hills and minutes walking distance from Sunset Boulevard.
Our team has lived in the properties to find the best coffee shop in the area, work out in the on-site gym, meet the neighbors poolside, and most importantly, collaborate with the Anyplace team from our in-unit office setup.
We love this place and hope you do too.
Before you dive in, connect with fellow Anyplace Select members in your area through our WhatsApp group. Introduce yourself and plan a coffee chat with your new neighbors who are also working remotely.
Here are some local tips to get started.
Table of Contents
- Coffee Shops
- Coworking Spaces
- Pharmacies and Clinics
- Things to Do
- Favorite Apps
Transportation in Los Angeles
If you’re arriving at LAX, we’re located a 25-minute drive from the airport without traffic. It’s common to use a ridesharing app like Uber or Lyft in Los Angeles. Follow the signs for the ridesharing pickup location outside of the baggage claim.
Alternatively, there is a bus stop at Sepulveda / Century (a 7-minute walk from the airport) that will take around 1.5 hours to reach Anyplace Select.
In general, Los Angeles is known to have heavy traffic since many locals rely on their cars, so weave that into your schedule when getting around. You can also take a look at the rail and bus schedules to see if it’s a fit for where you’re headed. If you’re exploring a smaller area, there are a number of scooters located around the city that you can rent with the Lime or Bird app.
Advice From a LA Local
Hollywood draws in tourists from all around the world for its role in the entertainment industry, but it’s also become home to media companies like Netflix, trendy restaurants, and sought-after retail stores in recent years. It’s a very liveable area for its access to everything you’d need within walking distance.
Here are our favorite businesses in the area.
- Breakfast by Salt’s Cure (7494 Santa Monica Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90046): Located just a 4-minute walk away, Salt’s Cure is a classic spot for breakfast or brunch. Pro tip: Get the pancakes—aka, the OG griddle cakes.
- Mendocino Farms (7100 Santa Monica Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90046):If you’re looking for a tasty and healthy sandwich or salad, Mendocino Farms is a great choice. And it’s just a short stroll down the street.
- Galanga Thai Fusion (7440 Santa Monica Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90046): Looking to fill your Thai craving? Look no further than Galanga. It’s located a 3-minute walk from the apartment.
- Gigi’s (904 N Sycamore Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90038): Offering a raw bar, upscale cocktails, and plenty of delicious appetizer and entree options, Gigi is a great option before a night out. It’s a 10-minute walk from your place.
- Bossa Nova Brazilian Cuisine (7181 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90046): Bossa Nova has a huge menu filled with favorites like Portuguesa pizza and estrogonofe de carne—Brazilian beef stroganoff. The restaurant is a little further out there at about a 16-minute walk, but it’s worth it.
- Madison & Park Coffee (7494 Santa Monica Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90046): The closest spot for a delicious cuppa, in a comfy yet elegant living room-style coffee shop.
- CommonGrounds Workplace (7007 Romaine St, Los Angeles, CA 90038): 11-minute walk.
- Sandhouse (6600 Sunset Blvd, Hollywood, CA 90028): 30-minute walk.
There’s a traditional gym in your complex, but here are the fitness classes in your area:
- F45 (1234 N La Brea Ave Suite D, West Hollywood, CA 90038): 45-minute HIIT and team training. 11-minute walk.
- Orangetheory (640 N La Brea Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90038): Rowing, cardio, and strength training circuit. 16-minute walk.
- Plyofitness (815 N La Brea Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90038): Plyo, weightlifting, and gym access. 12-minute walk.
Pharmacies and Clinics
- Walgreens (1050 N Highland Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90038): 13-minute walk.
- West Hollywood Urgent Care (1300 N La Brea Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90028): 12-minute walk.
- Southern California Hospital at Hollywood (6245 De Longpre Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90028): 10-minute drive.
- Laundry: Your unit has a washing and drying machine, but this is our dry cleaning recommendation in the area.
- Karina’s Cleaners (7611 Santa Monica Blvd #6408, West Hollywood, CA 90046): 6-minute walk.
- Salon Daba (733 N La Brea Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90038): Women’s cuts, 14-minute walk.
- Hammer & Nails Grooming Shop (7141 Santa Monica Blvd Suite 100, West Hollywood, CA 90046): Men’s cuts, 5-minute walk.
- Ibiza Nails (7505 Santa Monica Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90046): 5-minute walk.
What to Do in West Hollywood
- The Comedy Store: See huge stand-up stars drop in at the Comedy Store. This is a must-do. The comedy is top-notch every night, and hey, you may even catch a big surprise cameo.
- Hollywood Forever Cemetary: This famed cemetery often holds community events such as concerts and movie nights (one of our team members has gone to a concert there herself!). Take a look at the events schedule to see what’s coming up.
- Hollywood Walk of Fame: Although it’s one of the most tourist places in the area, you can’t miss taking a walk along the 15-block radius worth of Hollywood stars.
- Hike The Hollywood Sign: There are three trails that lead you to behind the Hollywood sign, which gives you an expansive view over Los Angeles.
- Hollywood Farmers Market: Every Sunday from 8 AM – 1 PM, you can find Californian-grown vegetables and fruits, as well as local honey, cheese, meats, and more.
- Get tickets to live TV shows: Create a profile on 1iota to apply to be an audience member on a number of shows including Jimmy Kimmel Live and The Voice.
- Hollywood Bowl: See a concert at the famed Hollywood Bowl.
- Lake Hollywood: Have a picnic in the park under the Hollywood sign at Lake Hollywood Park.
Helpful Apps to Download
- Postmates: Food, alcohol, and grocery delivery app.
- GrubHub: Food delivery app.
- Waze: If you have a car, Waze is the go-to choice for updating traffic in the area.
- Uber: Ride-sharing app.
- Lyft: Ride-sharing app.
- Saucey: Alcohol delivery in LA.
- 5 Every Day: Learn about 5 things you can do in LA every day.
- ParkMe: Parking can be hard to come by in LA, but this app helps you find a spot.
Thanks again for choosing us! If you run into any issues during your stay, we’re happy to help. You can contact us at email@example.com or call +1 415-741-2389.
Joe Frabotta is the Director of Marketing at Anyplace. He's a part-time nomad, traveling + working throughout the year but also having a home base in the mountains of Asheville, NC. When he's not working, you'll probably find him playing guitar, doing a section hike on the Appalachian Trail, or cooking up a storm in the kitchen.