Thanks for joining us! Right in the heart of Hollywood, our Anyplace Select units are home to beautiful views of the Hollywood Hills and minutes walking distance from Sunset Boulevard and the Hollywood Forever Cemetary.
Our team has lived in the properties to find the best coffee shop in the area, work out in the on-site gym, meet the neighbors poolside, and most importantly, collaborate with the Anyplace team from our in-unit office setup.
We love this place and hope you do too.
Before you dive in, connect with fellow Anyplace Select members in your area through our WhatsApp group. Introduce yourself and plan a coffee chat with your new neighbors who are also working remotely. Here are some local tips to get started.
Table of Contents
- Coffee Shops
- Coworking Spaces
- Pharmacies and Clinics
- Things to Do
- Favorite Apps
Transportation in Los Angeles
If you’re arriving at LAX, we’re located a 25-minute drive from the airport without traffic. It’s common to use a ridesharing app like Uber or Lyft in Los Angeles. Follow the signs for the ridesharing pickup location outside of the baggage claim.
Alternatively, there is a bus stop at Sepulveda / Century (a 7-minute walk from the airport) that will take around 1.5 hours to reach Anyplace Select.
In general, Los Angeles is known to have heavy traffic since many locals rely on their cars, so weave that into your schedule when getting around. You can also take a look at the rail and bus schedules to see if it’s a fit for where you’re headed. If you’re exploring a smaller area, there are a number of scooters located around the city that you can rent with the Lime or Bird app.
Advice From a LA Local
Hollywood draws in tourists from all around the world for its role in the entertainment industry, but it’s also become home to media companies like Netflix, trendy restaurants, and sought-after retail stores in recent years. It’s a very liveable area for its access to everything you’d need within walking distance.
Here are our favorite businesses in the area.
- Raos (1006 Seward St, Los Angeles, CA 90038): Located just a 5-minute walk away, Raos is a well-known Italian restaurant with large, shareable portions that you can either eat in or take out.
- Lemonade (626 N Larchmont Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90004): If you’re looking for something quick, healthy, and light on your wallet, Lemonade is a great choice. Located a 25-minute walk (3-minute drive) from your place, it offers cafeteria-style options for lunch or dinner.
- Otus Thai Kitchen (1253 N La Brea Ave, West Hollywood, CA 90038): Looking to fill your Thai craving? Look no further than Otus, which offers traditional Northern Thai food using ingredients from LA farmer’s markets. It’s located a 15-minute walk from your place.
- Gigi’s (904 N Sycamore Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90038): Offering a raw bar, upscale cocktails, and plenty of delicious appetizer and entree options, Gigi is a great option before a night out. It’s a 12-minute walk from your place.
- Trejo’s Cantina (1556 N Cahuenga Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028): This celeb-fronted restaurant — actor Danny Trejo is behind it — features Mexican favorites in a vibrant space filled with large tables, a patio, and artwork by local artists. The menu has tasty vegan specialties (try the jackfruit burrito) served alongside carne asada, fried chicken, and beef brisket. As for cold beverages, you’ll find 34 taps of craft beer. This one is a little further at a 20-minute walk, but totally worth it.
- Liberation Coffee Shop (6725 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90038): Located in the LGBT center, this coffee shop is only a 2-minute walk from your place and also offers grab-and-go wraps and sandwiches.
- Bungalow 40 (6541 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90038): Get your espresso or matcha fix just a 4-minute walk from your place.
- Sandhouse (6600 Sunset Blvd, Hollywood, CA 90028): 14-minute walk.
- WeWork (1601 Vine St, Los Angeles, CA 90028): 24-minute walk.
There’s a traditional gym in your complex, but here are the fitness classes in your area:
- F45 (1234 N La Brea Ave Suite D, West Hollywood, CA 90038): 45-minute HIIT and team training. 14-minute walk.
- Orangetheory (640 N La Brea Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90038): Rowing, cardio, and strength training circuit. 19-minute walk.
- Plyofitness (815 N La Brea Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90038): Plyo, weightlifting, and gym access.
Pharmacies and Clinics
- Walgreens (1050 N Highland Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90038): 3-minute walk.
- West Hollywood Urgent Care (1300 N La Brea Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90028): 14-minute walk.
- Southern California Hospital at Hollywood (6245 De Longpre Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90028): 20-minute walk or 3-minute drive.
- Laundry: Your unit has a washing and drying machine, but this is our dry cleaning recommendation in the area.
- Hollywood Dry Cleaners (1246 Vine St, Los Angeles, CA 90038): 16-minute walk.
- Hair People Full Services Salon (1123 Vine St # 8, Los Angeles, CA 90038): 12-minute walk.
- Sweetley Nails (6775 CA-2 #6, Los Angeles, CA 90038): 3-minute walk.
What to Do in Hollywood
- Hollywood Forever Cemetary: This famed cemetery often holds community events such as concerts and movie nights (one of our team members has gone to a concert there herself!). Take a look at the events schedule to see what’s coming up.
- Hollywood Walk of Fame: Although it’s one of the most tourist places in the area, you can’t miss taking a walk along the 15-block radius worth of Hollywood stars.
- Hike The Hollywood Sign: There are three trails that lead you to behind the Hollywood sign, which gives you an expansive view over Los Angeles.
- Hollywood Farmers Market: Every Sunday from 8 AM – 1 PM, you can find Californian-grown vegetables and fruits, as well as local honey, cheese, meats, and more.
- Get tickets to live TV shows: Create a profile on 1iota to apply to be an audience member on a number of shows including Jimmy Kimmel Live and The Voice.
- Hollywood Bowl: See a concert at the famed Hollywood Bowl.
- Lake Hollywood: Have a picnic in the park under the Hollywood sign at Lake Hollywood Park.
Helpful Apps to Download
- Postmates: Food, alcohol, and grocery delivery app.
- GrubHub: Food delivery app.
- Waze: If you have a car, Waze is the go-to choice for updating traffic in the area.
- Uber: Ride-sharing app.
- Lyft: Ride-sharing app.
- Saucey: Alcohol delivery in LA.
- 5 Every Day: Learn about 5 things you can do in LA every day.
- ParkMe: Parking can be hard to come by in LA, but this app helps you find a spot.
Thanks again for choosing us! If you run into any issues during your stay, we’re happy to help. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 415-741-2389.